We got home yesterday at about 1 p.m. I just didn't have the energy to get on to blog. We were exhausted! UVA hospital took good care of Abby, but nothing energized her more than her mini-coming home party. Aunt Kelli, Uncle B.J., Kiersten, and Kyle came in with tons of balloons for Abby. She also came home with about 10 new stuffed animals--more friends for her dance parties. As soon as she saw her room she went straight for her kitchen as if we had never left.
I think that yesterday was more emotional than the days of surgery. We are so blessed to be able to bring Abby home so quickly and doing so much better. There is no way to look at her (with clothes on) and know that she just had surgery. She is running, hopping, and up to her typical Abby antics.
Again I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They have worked better than we could have ever asked for. We ask for continued prayers that the (normal) spinal fluid that has swelled under the incision will begin to reabsorb and not leak through the wound. Also that the incision continues to heal without infection. If we can get past these two milestones, we will be in the clear!
I promise to get some pictures (maybe even some video) up sometime today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Eileen, thank you for posting information as quickly as you do. I've been checking periodically to see if you were home, and I am so glad to know that all is going well. We continue to pray and trust that all will be good. All the energy that was focused on Abby had to have a tremendous impact on God. He loves it when people join together in prayer with the same goal in mind.
We are hugging Abby, you and Kenny (he'll just have to deal with it) mentally every day. Finally, we are so glad that you are blessed with such a wonderful relationship with your mama, papa, and Kelli, B.J., and kids. Life IS good.
Love,
Aunt Susan
Abby & Ken,
This is such wonderful news. I am so happy that you all are home and Abby is doing so well!:) Prayers will continue that her healing and recovery process is smooth (and quick), and I have faith that it will be! I will hope to see you all very soon!
Love, Addie & Family
Thanks for the update. When you didn't post yesterday, I assumed that meant good news -- you were on your way home!
We'll see you Monday!
(I meant to address my well wishes to Eileen & Ken, and Abby!)
Love,
Addie
Post a Comment