Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Well it is father's day and Abby has just settled down for the evening. Before I join her I just wanted to say that this father's day has been very special to me. My first father's day was great. The only time I really broke down was after I got off the phone with my dad. I thanked him for everything he did for me and I told him I just wanted to be half the father he was to me (dad if you ever read this I am trying but I am not there yet!). This year, because of Abby surgery, I have teared up more than my mother-in-law and Eileen when they watch Steel Magnolias. This father's day has taught me to appreciate everyday that I am a dad and that I have my girls to keep me strong when the news is not so good and grounded when the news is great. Thanks again to everyone who has called, stopped in to visit, sent a gift or just held the elevator door so an exhausted husband/father can get back up to his little angel and soul mate.

God bless,

Ken

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken,
You're an EXCELLENT daddy to Abby, and someday soon she'll be able to tell you so. Right now, you'll just have to accept her hugs and kisses. We're praying that you get good news tomorrow!
Jenny

Aunt Susan said...

Ken,
What a sweet love letter to your dad, Abby, and Eileen. We've always known you're a sweetheart, and we're so sorry you're having to go through all of this on Father's Day and Eileen's birthday. Go figure. We are praying for today's procedure and have confidence it will go well.
Aunt Susan