Dr. Jane came in this morning and said that Sunday would be the absolute earliest that he would even consider shutting of the drain. He wants to make sure that if it doesn't work this time that he can attribute it to his failure as a surgeon and not that if we had only waited a few more days it would have been okay.
If the drain were to stop on Sunday and be good to go, we may get to go home on Monday. However the look and tone on Dr. Jane's face said to not get our hopes up.
We have to keep Abby down for two or three more days. Today she asked to walk and we had to tell her no. We are trying to keep her nice and distracted, but it is getting tougher as she is regaining strength.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Eileen and Ken,
Well, now, isn't that a good problem to have--Active Abby is getting more active! Hooray!!! Is she eating?
Aunt Susan
Well, we were actually hoping for this kind of dilemma -- Abby wanting out of bed. Her spaghetti must have been good for her!
I'm sure Dr. Jane feels very responsible for the outcome so far. This setback has required a week in the hospital. In the grand scheme of things, it will hopefully be well worth your patience.
So sorry we had to leave. Just remember you're surrounded by love and support even if we can't be there. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.
Yes, she is eating! Not as much as they would like since she has lost weight since the first surgery.
Eileen,
Well, I think you all have done an amazing job as parents to be able to keep her as distracted as you have had to do. It's amazing what strength and lengths we reach for our children, huh? I can only imagine how tough it has been, but I think that you are doing an awesome job.
The fact that Abby is regaining strength is a very good thing. The fact that she is eating is also wonderful. She will continue to get stronger through His healing hands. She and you all have come a long way; hopefully you all will be able to confidently return home soon. (Hurry up so I can come see you all:)
Love,
Addie
I'm so glad to hear she's eating, Eileen. That's a great sign. Imagine someone being told "it's all about calorie."....those are words Abby will hope to hear sometime later in life when she's fighting the battle of the bulge ;)
Aunt Susan
Post a Comment