how I adore words, words mean more to me everyday....Abby Cadabby
I'm going to attempt to list all of the words that Abby can say. For an almost 16 month old, she's got quite the vocabulary. It all started with mama and dada, then came baba (bottle). We have hi, bye, dog (a.k.a. ruff, bark, and Cody), gram, pap, Kelli, Kyle, Kie (Kiersten) and B (uncle BJ), then there is B which is short for binky. Next there is milk, cup, wawa (water), beans (green to be exact), nana (banana, her favorite), juice, snack, cheese, spoon, bite, eat. On to night night, blank (blankie--specifically the one that Great Aunt Vicki crocheted), pil (pillow). With any mention of sleep comes no no, but she knows yes, too. Help, thanks, please are becoming more prevalent. She can point to and say head, hair, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, arm, button (belly button), knees and her favorite TOES! We move next to her obsession SHOES! She also says socks, pants, per (diaper), hat, dressed, bath, wash, done, and more. Ken most recently has taught her to say hubba bubba when she looks cute, we are working on love and I love you. She can say bow and quickly point to what little hair she has. As soon as you put it in, she says no, no and takes it out.
For toys she loves to say ball, play, bus, car. She can turn her CD player on and say on and off. Up and down are common too.
The following is probably proof that I let her watch too much t.v., but here goes. She says GoGa which we all know is Yo Gabba Gabba. She will say Muno, Brobee, Toodee, Plex, but not Foofa. She says Cookie (as in monster) and Elmo. Jack (as in Big Music Show) and movers (as in Imagination Movers).
She also has an opinion in music now. Her favorite song is from the Barenaked Ladies Snacktime album. It is the Popcorn Song and it is pretty much the word pop 100 times. The minute we get in the car she says pop, pop.
This is not an all encompassing list. I know that there are many more words that I am forgetting. She will attempt to repeat almost anything that you ask her to--except her name. I think we can officially say that Crabby Abby has morphed into Gabby Abby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment