again! =) The first thing I did when I realized Abby had a UTI from cathing, was to call Sarah for a second opinion referral to another urologist. Sarah called me back and talked to me in a reassuring tone. She also knows where Ken and I are coming from and that our first priority is always Abby. After watching us for 16 days in the hospital, she knows that we will do whatever it takes.
I talked to her about cathing and she said Abby probably does need it right now. However, that doesn't mean that she will always need (it doesn't mean that she won't need it either, it is really wait and see).
Basically Sarah told us to seek a second opinion if we wanted and that it was perfectly reasonable to ask to do so. Also, it never hurts to have another set of eyes looking over things. I also asked her about Abby's future. It was so comforting for her to say that they are keeping a close eye on her to ensure that any future damage can be prevented/stopped in its tracks. She told me, "When Abby is six, and you come to us asking if she can play soccer, we are going to say yes!" As a mother, I need this reassurance every once in a while. So, thanks Sarah for all that you do to keep this mother grounded when life is spinning out of control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment