Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Randomness

We have less than two weeks before Abby's detethering surgery will take place. Up until June 8th, there will be no way for any stranger to look at Abigail and know that there is anything wrong with her. Right now, when she meets a new person, they have no idea that she has a story.

Abby's story is just beginning. On June 8th, Abby will endure. Knowing that there are so many people--people around the world praying for Abby provides a sense of peace. And yet as I write all this, I want to make it all stop. I want to call UVA and say, "nevermind, we've changed our minds, our little girl doesn't need surgery." As much as I want to say that, I know it isn't true.

The pre-op appointment is a week from yesterday. Blood will be drawn, EKG's preformed, and x-rays taken. However, I've not begun writing my list of questions to ask, or what to pack. Heck, we haven't even made hotel reservations yet. I think that by not doing all of these things, I'm pushing back the surgery in my mind.

I am a worrier by nature. I fear the worst. I must find strength in knowing that Abby will be in His hands and that He has a plan. It is His will and not mine that will be done. I have to let go. I have to let God.

1 comment:

Aunt Susan said...

There is NOTHING harder to do than let go and let God, and yet you have no choice. I am glad you are finding some comfort in the knowledge that so many are praying for you. God has a perfect plan; how HE works this out remains to be seen, but we can be assured He knows what He is doing. I can't help you let go--I'm the kind of person who keeps taking it back, but I know what the right thing to do is. I can only pray for you, which you may be assured, is happening.
Love,
Aunt Susan