Today (at 3 p.m. to be precise) Abby goes in for her second MRI. She can have no food after 8 a.m. and no water after 12 noon. We have to be at the hospital by 2 p.m. for her 3 p.m. MRI. This time they are scanning her cervical and thoracic spine to see if the fluid and fat that are in her spinal cord go the whole way up or not.
This is easier in the last time in that we know what to expect. However, since she got that fever last time, I'm still nervous about the lingering effects of the anesthesia. Also, anytime your child is going under anesthetic, it makes you nervous. I know that the medicine is very safe and that they do this every day, but it isn't MY kid everyday, ya know?
As I sit her typing this, Abby is watching Yo Gabba Gabba and completely oblivious to the fact that anything is about to occur.
I will post updates later tonight as to how it all goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Eileen,
I'll be waiting to hear how things went, although I suppose you won't know much today.
You're all a part of our prayers. I took Abby's picture to prayer group last week, so they could see the beautiful girl for whom we're praying.
Love,
Aunt Susan
Post a Comment