Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Success in Toddlerdom

Abby and I went shopping today. This used to be one of my favorite things to do, but alas, a toddler who likes to make herself like jelly and scream at the top of her lungs puts a whole new spin on shopping. Today we set out to buy pajamas. See, Abby has learned how to unzip her pajamas. So now when she wakes up at three in the morning you hear zip....then....rip (the diaper being undone). So today's journey was to find pajamas that she cannot take off.
Success! Children's Place sells lovely pajamas that have a fabric piece that snaps over the zipper.

We spent two and a half hours at the mall and she was happy the entire time. I even got to try on jeans and purchase them for myself. Want to know my secret weapon? A snack trap full of mini animal crackers. This combination kept her quite for close to 30 minutes. Pure shopping with a toddler bliss!

I realize that this episode of shopping will probably be the norm (the same way that Abby sleeping through the night is not the norm). I will however remember it and cherish it the same way I do on those nights where she sleeps from 7 p.m. - 6 a.m.

No comments: